We have structured our business, services and fee structure to ensure that our abilities and interests are fully aligned to helping you achieve your financial objectives over the long term. We represent a financial services business model of the future free of any of the legacy issues that have traditionally been associated with the industry.
Our philosophy and approach involves the following:
Excellence – Both advisers have been recognised nationally for their work having been awarded many industry accolades including
- Personal Investor Master Class 2000 and 2013
- LRS Life Risk Specialist Program 2013 – Student Excellence Award
- 2002 AFA Adviser of the Year
- Financial Standard Power 50 – The 50 Most Influential Financial Advisers in Australia Finalist 2020& 2021
- Financial Standard Power50 – The 50 Most Influential Financial Advisers in Australia 2017,2018 & 2019
- Financial Standard Social Media Power50 – The Most Influential Financial Advisers on Social Media 2016
- Australian Institute of Management – State Winner & National Finalist – Owner / Entrepreneur of the Year 2016
- Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) Excellence in Education Awards – National Winner 2015
- Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) Magazine – Editor’s Choice Awards 2015
- IFA Excellence Awards – Innovator of the Year 2014
- AFA Excellence in Education – Tas State Winner 2014
- FPA Certified Financial Planners Best Practice Award State Runner Up 2013
- Financial Standard Innovation, Leadership and Excellence in Social Media Award 2012
- Money Management Australian Financial Planner of the Year 2011
- Australian Future2 Community Best Practice Award 2011
- Financial Planning Association Value of Advice National Award in the Pre-Retirement Category 2010
- Tasmanian Employer of Choice (2018)
- Australian Small Business Champions Award National Finalist (2017)
- Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) Excellence Awards – National Finalist – Boutique Group of the Year 2016
- Independent Financial Advisers (IFA) Excellence Awards – National Finalist – Innovative Business of the Year 2016
- Flying Solo Small Business Awards National Finalist – Service Star Category 2015
Independently Owned – Main Street is owned by the Principals, and has no incentive to recommend any specific product, services or investment and accordingly we only act with your best interests at all times.
Comprehensive – We provide comprehensive financial planning advice to clients to ensure that they make smart decisions about their financial future.
Transparent – Our fee structures are simple, clear and fully transparent. A professional relationship is based on mutual trust and understanding. As investors ourselves we understand the impact which fees and tax have on your portfolio.
Experience – We have over 30 years experience working in the financial services industry and prior to this Charles worked as a commercial lawyer and Rebecca as an accountant.
Alignment of Interests – We operate a fee for service business, and the amount which you will pay for the advice will depend on your individual needs and circumstances.
Confidentiality and Trust – Sharing your personal information with a professional adviser places us in a privileged and unique position. We take this responsibility very seriously and have global best practice systems in place to ensure that your personal information is kept confidential at all times.
Highly qualified Thought Leaders – Main Street advisors are amongst the most highly qualified in the industry, with all having university, post graduate qualifications and specialist accreditations. Our advisers are regularly involved in industry discussions at a National and International level.
Our Advisory Staff have all met the new education standards for the industry which come into effect on the 1st January 2024 and amongst our staff we have the following qualifications
- Certified Financial Planner Designation, Financial Planning Association of Australia.
- Life Risk Specialist Accreditation, Financial Planning Association of Australia.
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment (x3), Kaplan Professional.
- Registered Tax (Financial) Adviser, Tax Practitioners Board of Australia.
- Self Managed Superannuation Fund Accreditation, Kaplan Professional.
- Bachelor of Business, University of Tasmania.
- Graduate Diploma in Financial Planning, Kaplan Professional.
- Bachelor of Arts and Laws, University of Tasmania.
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice, University of Tasmania.
- Institute of Company Directors Diploma Course
- Diploma of Financial Planning, Deakin University
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Tasmania
- Certified Practicing Accountant (Financial Planning Specialist)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management), University of South Australia.
- Masters of Financial Planning, Kaplan Professional.
- Bachelor of Business (Finance), University of Tasmania.
- Diploma of Languages (Japanese), University of Tasmania.
- Diploma of Financial Planning, Kaplan Professional.
- Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania