Moving from young families to mature families is an exciting time as you are starting to regain control of your life. With the children likely to be moving out, the mortgage getting smaller, and retirement is looming on the horizon, now is the time to start looking at retirement planning and how you will fund this.
Some of the issues which you may need to consider are
- Paying off the mortgage and investing the surplus
- Downsizing the family home
- Using salary sacrifice to build your retirement nest egg
- Helping the children access the property market
- Whether to commence a transition to retirement pension
- How will an inheritance impact on your financial position.
- Ensuring that you have established an estate planning strategy.
- How much will you need to retire on ?
- Being able to access a Centrelink benefit
The financial planning process starts with an initial meeting (at our cost) to discuss your needs, objectives and financial circumstances. To ensure that this meeting is as productive as possible it is important that you bring along any relevant materials including investment, and insurance statements.
We look forward to working with you and helping you achieve your financial objectives.