Principal and Private Client Adviser
BA, LLB, DipFP, GDipAppFin, CFP®, GAICD, JP
Charles is a Certified Financial Planner® Professional, having worked as a financial planner for over 14 years. He previously worked in the legal profession with a major law firm and was admitted as a Practitioner of the Supreme Court of Tasmania and the High Court of Australia.
Charles has a combined Bachelor of Arts and Laws Degree and a Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice from the University of Tasmania. He has also completed the Diploma of Financial Planning from Deakin University, the Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment through the Securities Institute and the Institute of Company Directors Diploma Course. Charles is also an accredited FPA Life Risk Specialist.
Charles has won a number of industry awards for his work including:
- Financial Standard Power50 – The 50 Most Influential Financial Advisers in Australia 2017
- Financial Standard Power50 – The 50 Most Influential Financial Advisers in Australia 2018
- AIM Leadership Excellence Awards – Owner/Entrepreneur Leader of the year (2016)
State Winner (Tas) & National Finalist
- Financial Standard #Power50 Most Influential Social Media List 2015
- Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) Excellence in Education – National Winner 2015
- Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) Excellence Awards Editor Choice Award 2015 for
promoting independent financial advice nationally
- Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) Excellence Awards National Finalist – Thought
leader of the Year 2015
- Independent Financial Adviser (IFA) Excellence Awards – Innovator of the Year 2014.
- Association of Financial Advisers (AFA) Excellence in Education State Winner
& National Finalist 2014
- Money Management Australian Financial Planner of the Year 2011
- Financial Planning Association of Australia Value of Advice National Award in the Pre
Retirement Category (2010)
- Financial Standard Innovation, Leadership and Excellence in Social Media for Financial
Services in Australia Award (2012)
- Future2 Community Service National Best Practice Award (2011) for his involvement in
improving financial literacy amongst the socially disadvantaged
- Charles was also the State Runner Up in the FPA Certified Financial Planner® Professional Best Practice Award (2012)
In addition to this, Charles was runner up for Tasmania in the 2012 FPA Certified Financial Planner® Professional Best Practice Award.
Charles has written a self-help financial book “Old Head on Young Shoulders” which made the national best seller list. Charles has also co-written with Rebecca Fergusson two eBooks – “Secrets of Successful Investors” and “How to Choose your Financial Planner.” Charles is an associate member of the Financial Planning Association of Australia, the Association of Financial Advisers and the Law Society of Tasmania.
Charles specialises in providing financial planning, risk insurance and investment advice for clients throughout Australia.Make an appointment
The financial planning process starts with an initial meeting (at our cost) to discuss your needs, objectives and financial circumstances. To ensure that this meeting is as productive as possible it is important that you bring along any relevant materials including a position statement and investment and risk MainStreetFS insurance details. We look forward to working with you.